In our last SIAMS Report, March 2018 it was noted that...
The distinctiveness and effectiveness of Brill as a Church of England school are Outstanding
- An established, widely acknowledged and supported Christian ethos, based on everyone being loved, challenged and inspired to ‘have the wind in our sails’, has a clear impact on behaviour, attitudes to learning and relationships.
- The headteacher supported by staff and governors articulates a strong Christian vision, which is highly valued by children and parents.
- The Christian distinctiveness enriches the support for all pupils which maintains the high levels of attainment, progress and enjoyment.
- A broad and highly creative curriculum provides excellent spiritual, moral, social and cultural (SMSC) provision, resulting in the development of caring, reflective and articulate pupils.
- Inclusive and creative worship provides pupils, staff and parents with opportunities to think deeply about the school’s values and Christian teaching.
- Strong, mutually beneficial links with the Bernwode Benefice and the local community develop a sense of reciprocal service which results in the school being held in high regard.
- Rich provision in RE enables pupils to demonstrate a good knowledge of a wide range of beliefs and a respect for diversity.